Welcome to Downtown Dubai
The city’s “center of now” is a vibrant neighborhood home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, and the tallest performing fountain! Not only does this luxurious area boast some of the most iconic skyscrapers, but it also hosts over 1,200 retail outlets and 160 restaurants. The many retail destinations and eateries in this part of town make it a shopper’s paradise. With something for everyone, Downtown Dubai remains the perfect place for residents and tourists looking to enjoy art, culture, breathtaking views, fun activities, and good food all year round.
- Intl. Airport 20m. by car, 40m. by metro.
- Dubai Marina 20m. by car, 30m. by metro.
- Kite beach 15m. by car
Nearest public transport
- 🚇 Burj Khalifa Station, Dubai Metro
- 🚇 3.5km to Business Bay Station, Dubai Metro
Own a piece in the heart of Dubai!
Around the block
Downtown Dubai is tailored for apartment living, although villas are slowly coming up too. It is easily accessible by metro and pedestrian-friendly, as its 3.5 km long Boulevard stretching in a full circle provides the space for people to exercise, stroll, and shop comfortably with ease.
Although the area is not popular for its active art scene, there are still some galleries around the area that carry statement pieces and unqiue collections nonetheless. If you’re into arts outdoor however, Downtown Dubai boasts some interesting sculptures right on the Boulevard that you can’t find anywhere else like Jorge Marin’s “The Wings of Mexico”, Donald Greig’s “Camels”, and Lutfi Romhein’s “Together”.
The next time you’re in the neighborhood, make your way to:
- Foundry – An ideal destination for creatives as it offers a combination of art galleries, a co working space, a creative library, and café where visitors can grab a coffee and a bite to eat.
- Gallery 27 – An unconventional luxury art gallery specializing in pop art, NéoPop and street art in a New York-style warehouse.
- Art in Space – a newly opened immersive art gallery that stimulates and involves the five senses by combining video, audio, aromas, light effects, fog, and temperature.
With hundreds of dining outlets to choose from, you will never get bored of the food Downtown Dubai has to offer. Dubai Mall alone carries 120 restaurants with distinct cuisine, from fine dining to fast food. Whether you’re in it for a quick coffee fix or a 3-course meal, Downtown Dubai is your place to be. Here are some suggestions to get you inspired:
- Time Out Market, Souk Al Baher (near Dubai Mall); offers an expansive range of cuisines from Dubai’s most popular local restaurants and chefs — budgets vary depending on selected food
- CZN Burak, Boulevard Point; a popular Turkish restaurant concept from celebrity chef Burak — approx. AED 400 for 2 people
- Em Sherif Cafe; an authentic Oriental cuisine experience from Lebanon — approx. AED 170 for 2 people
- The Restaurant, The Address Boulevard; offers a unique fine dining experience with diverse seating options — approx. AED 300 for 2 people
You don’t want to miss this…
- At the Top Burj Khalifa (tickets from AED 160)
- Dubai Ice Rink (tickets from AED 85)
- The Dubai Fountain (FREE)
- Dubai Aquarium and underwater zoo (tickets from AED 120)
- Sky Views Dubai (tickets from AED 85)
- PlayDXB Indoor Theme Park at Dubai Mall (tickets from AED 100)
- Kidzania at Dubai Mall (tickets from AED 195)
Even though Downtown Dubai qualifies as an office-friendly area and business hub, there are many elements to it that make it well-suited for families. There are many schools in neighboring areas like Business Bay and Al Quoz. Here are some to keep an eye out for:
- Citizens School, City Walk (within 3.2 km) — 12 minute drive
- Clarion School (within 4.4 km) — 10 minute drive
- Lycée Français Jean Mermoz (within 5.2 km) — 15 minute drive
- Hartland International School (within 5.5 km) — 15 minute drive
As for nurseries, there are some located within the neighborhood and nearby areas like DIFC:
- Blossom Downtown Nursery (within 1.6 km from Dubai Mall)
- Learning Tree Nursery (within 2.4 km from Dubai Mall)
- Hummingbird Nursery, DIFC (within 3.1 km) — 12 minute drive)
There are many gyms and wellness studios within the area that are easily accessible by foot or car. Nearby areas like DIFC and Business Bay offer lots of diverse options in varying budget ranges.
- Fitness First Platinum, Al Manzil
- F45 Training
- Snap Fitness Downtown
- LVL Downtown Wellness Studio
there are a handful of specialty hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies within Downtown Dubai, namely:
- Mediclinic, Dubai Mall
- Emirates Hospital Clinic, Business Bay (within 2.5 km) — 8 minute drive
- Amana Healthcare, Old Town Island (within 750 m) – 5 minute drive